Saturday, January 24, 2015

Heart Wall Hanging with Big Hugs

Hi everyone, yay its the weekend & its Saturday which means its my turn to post here. Now Sandra has challenged us with the theme 'Hugs' because on wednesday it was National Hug day. Who knew that one existed............. certainly not me lol.
Anyway I have made something for my Natalie again for when her bedroom is done & I've made her a Wall Hanging.
Now to mean love & hugs go hand in hand, even more when its your family, so this is a Heart Shaped Wall Hanging, of course Shabby Chic as that's what her bedroom is ;-)
Now its pic heavy & I will try get a better pic of the whole thing today in the daylight, the first one was took in my shower room at midnight :-(
All links to items used will be at the bottom of the post.
I also used 2 of my new Magnolia stamps, was saving them for this ;-) I have to say this is a lot prettier in real life......well I'm even happy with it. Now that doesn't happen often!!!


Ok so this is the first heart, I used the same paper on all 3 hearts & I used paper from the new Maja Design 'Nyhavn Limited Edition'........these are so gorgeous.

The sentiment stamp is Stempleglede 'Just A Note' stamp set, I lurve this set...........one of my favourite stamp sets & my most used one tbh.

The middle heart I made a pocket on the front with the reverse of the Maja paper I used. The pocket I added so I could add notes to my daughter to tell her how much she is loved.
The 'Big Hugs' sentiment is Stempleglede 'Just A Note' & I added this gorgeous resin frame, this is gorgeous..........must get more of these!!

The tags are from Pion's 'My Precious Daughter' collection. On 1 large tag I added one of the sentiments & the other tag is actually a postcard turned into a tag & again I added a sentiment from the collection. I also added a 'Key' charm to each one. I also cut out 2 smaller tags which I will write private messages on to her.

This is the third & last heart, each heart is attached by double sided satin ribbon in lilac, such a pretty shade. The layout & embellishments are the same as the first heart. I just added a different ticket under the metal heart clip.

I used another of my Magnolia stamps & another sentiment from the Stempleglede 'Just A Note' stamp set. I thought this one was perfect for the stamp I had used. Both stamped images were coloured with distress ink refills & distress markers. I also added dots to her dress & hair ribbon to make it a Polka dot dress. The centre of the flower I also added Stickles.

Well thats it from me, I'm starting to move craft rooms today...........lots of work to do.
Sandra is closing her store for 2 weeks on Thursday so any shoping you want to do, do it now, Also she has the yummy new Pion papers in.............trust you are going to want them all!!!

Thank you for stopping by, huge hugs to you all.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxxxxxxxxxxx


3 comments:

  1. OMG! Totally amazing! So many gorgeous details... Love the heart shaped tag pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous project! It's totally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This hanger is absolutely amazing in it's beauty and all the lovely details. I cannot find the right words for it!

    Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete