Saturday, January 17, 2015

Altered Glass Bottle

Hello everyone how are you all? Vicky here today with a wee bit a of alteration for you.
Now as you know Sandra set the theme to use something new. Well as soon as I saw the challenge I had 2 idea's, both of them involved using new lace............mmmmm yummy.
This is my first idea.
I've altered a glass bottle for my daughter's bedroom, I lurve shabby chic & these are perfect for her dressing table.
If you want to see the bottle before I got my hands to it then pop on over to my blog here.

I absolutely LOVE this sentiment from Pion Design, its perfect & true. Underneath there is a small doily & underneath there layers of CheeseCloth. I attached pearl string around the edge of the sentiment.

Now this is one of the beautiful new laces Sandy has gotten in, this is called 'Lace Marie Therese'. this is a wide lace but I really wanted it on this bottle. So I attached it upside down then folded down the bottom half & attached Pearls to each drop in the lace. The top half is not fastened down so there is movement in it when the bottle is moved.

At the top is another new lace, all links will of course be at the bottom of this post. You can just see the CheeseCloth peeking out there. Added a resin lock & attached a small rosebud in it. The key I added a large-ish pearl to it, the same as on the bottom lace.

This is the back of the bottle as I didnt want forget that ;-). The image is again Pion & I did the same as I did to the front. 

I added a few flowers but just a few & popped in some into the bottle.
I have to say I had so much fun doing these, I've got another one completely finished & 3 others started lol. It was great to do something different & of course its definately shabby chic.

Well thats it from me. Take a look over at Live & Love Crafts, Sandy stocks such beautiful products, the best stuff to inspire us to create.

Thanks for stopping by, lotsa hugs Vicky
xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment