Monday, November 5, 2012

News: Seasonal Shabby Seam Binding

Hi Everyone,
New week and a new theme here at the Inspiration Blog: this week we'll have a White Christmas. Snow is the actual theme this week, but with Christmas just around the corner, I'm suspecting we'll see mostly Christmas projects from the DT. :-)
You see no snow???
Yeah; this is actually my card for last weeks's Prima theme. I should have posted this on Saturday, but you know how it is...sometimes life gets in the way, sorry about that.

The Prima products I've used on the card are two Prima Parchment Petals, and the top wooden button is from the "Fairy Belle" button set, the rest are from the "Romance Novel" set. I've never been much of a button person, but I've always liked wooden buttons, and I love these beautiful wooden buttons from Prima. As a matter of fact, they determined my choice of colours for this card! I also used a Wooden Ticket from the Wood & Clocks Set "Tea Thyme". I tied some natural Jute Twine around the ticket, and also used it for the buttons.
The sentiment is a stamp from Whimsy Stamps' "Vintage Birthday Tabs" stamps set and the image, from Saturated Canary, is called Summer. Very appropriate for this card in Autumn colours, don't ya' think?! LOL

The papers are Pion Design's Rose Frame from the From My Heart II Collection 6x6, and the Magnolia heart die was cut out from the sheet Small Roses from the same collection but in 12x12 format. Perfect match between the DPs and the wooden ticket, if I may say so.

The seam binding is a new colour I've named "Autumn Leaves". The colour is a warm rusty brown with hints of red and orange. I've been experimenting with the seasonal distress inks and also created another Autumn colour - "Plum Sorbet" which is a rich purple with tones of dark lilac.

...and for Christmas a red and green: "Cranberry Jam" & "Mistletoe Moments".
The four new Seasonal Shabby Seam Binding Ribbons are available here.


Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you again tomorrow, when Tina will be sharing her snowy project.


Hugz,
Sandy



6 comments:

  1. WOW, I love this card! the colours and your colouring are so gorgeous, love the buttons, it's all so delightful.
    Love, Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow Sandy this is fabulous! I just love all your lovely details, the Pionpapers look fab bot Oh WOW the Seasonal seam binding looks brilliant! What gorgeous colours! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love the rich, fabulous colors and coloring! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lækkert fødselsdags kort. knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is so beautiful, I love the colours and you are tempting me again to spend! Looks like it's beans on toast again tonight :o)
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and scrummy seam binding!!
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete