Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's for a BOOOOOOOY!

Hi Everyone, 
By judging from the projects we've seen so far by the LLC DT this week, one could think there are only baby girls being born into this world... :-)
Luckily that's not the case and back in April I became aunt to a sweet little boy named Florian. People who know me know that I tend to always make belated cards...but this is actually not one of those. I did make a card for this happy occasion already back in Spring, but I thought why not make another one?!


Here I have used sheets from 3 different Maja Design collections: the background square and the frame I cut out from It Is Written, from the Crea Diem collection.  Also the middle rectangular piece is from the Crea Diem collection; As Long as I Live. The stripes go perfectly with the front side of 1916 from the Vintage Summer Basics collection! Finally the letters in the banner are from the Die Cut Letters sheet from Maja Design's newest collection, It's Christmas Time.

The die cut letters I glued onto a piece of natural jute twine, and I fastened the banner onto the card with two mini clothespins. The stamp used, couloured with Copics is Magnolia's sweet Sleeping Baby Tilda.

I always try to keep the embellishments to a minimum when I'm making cards for the other gender....but it's hard, oh so hard!!! LOL  Here I've used one of the brand new products, which arrived yesterday; a bark heart. I also used a couple of blue vintage pins and some cheese cloth. The charm is the cute baby bottle charm.

Here are some of the new/restocked products:

These bark hearts have a lovely texture and are sold in 4-packs.



The popular berries pins are now back in stock again:
...and these deco blackberries are new:


New is also this stunning rhinestones lace:
I've chosen to name it Greta Garbo as it reminds me of her timeless elegance. :-)

Of the other rhinestones lace, I've now addded a 3rd colour, dusk grey:

Pretty, aren't they?!!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and please check back in tomorrow for Becky's post.

Hugz,
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeus, Sandy- love the heart!!! Hugs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,
    This is so BEAUTIFUL! One of my favorite Magnolia image. I love everything you used on this card, absolutely gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so pretty and just loving the lace.....scrummy
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty, love a;; the fabulous yummy detail, very sweet
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Sandy I love this!! The banner is just gorgeous and so many pretty details. But noooo now I see you have new stock!! Gorgeous new products :) xx

    ReplyDelete