Friday, November 16, 2012

Christening Cards

Hello dear LLC friends,
 It´s Karita here with you today :) 
By now you probably know that we have a BABY week going here at the blog, but so far we've only seen beautiful projects for baby girls. 
So would you like to see something for a baby boy?!?!?
Sorry, not today; I'm just teasing you. ;) 

But I´ve made two Christening cards for baby girls, so prepare for a long post ;)
On this first card I used the 1908 sheet from Maja Design´s gorgeous Vintage Summer Basics collection. I´ve inked all the edges with Distress Ink  - Walnut Stain and used the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser Tool and my sewing machine. The bow is made from the "Ash Rose" Shabby Seam Binding and under the bow is a Heart Doily. There's also some Frilled Cotton Lace and Tulle Pleat Trim.
The large white fabric flower is actually a piece of the Primrose Organza Trim from Maya Road. The pink Rolled Roses are from Kort & Godt. I also used a Vintage Trinket Crystal Pin and a Vintage Trinket Heart Pin, which are both from Maya Road.

Okay, let's move on to my second card...
On this card I used a vintage image from the Baby sheet from Pion Design´s "Grandma´s Attic". The paper is Red Clover from Pion Design´s "Grandma´s School Book 12x12" collection. 
I´ve inked and sown all the paper edges just like I did with the first card, except on this card I also played with texture paste and mask.
The bow is made from the "Winter White" Shabby Seam Binding and in the middle of the bow, I attached a Pink Vintage Pearl Brad and a Baby Pram metal charm. Under the bow you see the beautiful Rhinestones Lace.
The white rose is a Shabby Chic Tulle Rose from Magnolia. Also this card has got a few pink Rolled Roses from Kort & Godt, as well as some white Chrysanthemums. Please take a look at the white Pearl String with 3mm & 8mm pearls - isn't it gorgeous?!!!
Have you ever seen such cute Mini Sewing Spools as these!?
There´s also some Frilled Cotton Lace and a piece of the Pearl String with 2mm pearls.
Lastly (I hope you're still with me :-) I used some of the cream coloured "Antique Belle" Lace around the image and the middle square. Okay, that´s all for now. 
Thank you all for looking - I'm wishing you all an inspiring weekend :)
Hugs, Karita

6 comments:

  1. Hvor er de yndige begge dine kort, fuld af de skønneset detaljer. knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards! You have such a wonderful talent, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet cards and love the images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful cards Karita, so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for sharing these christening invitations. It's nice to know that you can now order through the web easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As christenings are a very meaningful occasion in a new baby's life, christening gifts are often given for their symbolism and meaning. Your blog has given great ideas about christening cards.

    ReplyDelete