Thursday, October 4, 2012

Book of Hope

Dear lovely readers, its Elin again.

In honour of the Breast Cancer Awareness Month and every single one of you that are affected by
cancer in any way, we want to create with PINK this week.
My project was made while thinking of a friend that lost her mother to breast cancer a while back,
and I chose to call this one "The book of hope":
 I have used a plain notebook and decorated it with papers from Pion Design and Maja Design.
I used Pink Butterfly from the Studio of Memories collecion and  1923 from the Vintage Summer Basics collection. The heart is made out of flowers, wich I have placed on a Heart Doily and lined with white Tulle Pleat Trim. The flowes I've used is among others pink and white PoppiesDecoration Berries from Kort og Godt and a petal pink Hortensia Flower cut into small pieces.
On the inside I tried to keep it simple, so the book would close properly, but I had to use this gorgeus picture from Pion Design's Fairytale of Winter.
 The text stamps I used are from Kort og Godt, but since they are in Norwegian I though I would try to translate them for you:

"Think positive thoughs, say positive words, do positive actions and the postivity will grow"

"Fill your days with life, not life with days and remeber that today is tomorrow the day you always dreamt about yesterday"

I don't know it that makes any sense to you guys, but these are strong words when you struggle with such a horrible disease as cancer!

With love,

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is beautiful, so pretty, what a treasure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elin, this is beautiful! What a lovely book, but that verse is just so lovely and apt too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Absolutely gorgeous book Elin! :) I love it!! :)

    Hugs, Karita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous book, Elin! LOVE it! Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 Thank you everyone *blush* So fun to hear that you like my projects ;)

    ReplyDelete